- Effectively observe and incorporate your observation into your essay using descriptive language
- Compose a logically structured essay
- Navigate successfully between open and closed forms
- Design a surprising reversal thesis that gives shape and purpose to your informative essay
- Understand rhetorical contexts: audience, purpose, and genre and rhetorical appeals: ethos, pathos and logos
- Develop an understanding of style that is appropriate and effective in your informative essay.
- Understand and incorporate primary and secondary research in the essay effectively
- Demonstrate your writing process: drafting, revisions, editing and proofreading